I was nominated again for another award! Wow. This time it’s the Versatile Blogger Award. Yey! Can I do a happy dance now?
I’m sorry if my enthusiasm for awards may be a tad off-putting to some. But I’m at a phase right now where awards are welcome highlights to my barely-month-old blog. I hope that I won’t lose my excitement for stuff like this as my blog grows older.
I would like to thank Amanda (Insidethelifeofmoi) for nominating me. I can’t remember how I discovered her blog but I’m grateful that I did. I’ve found out that I’m quite lazy when it comes to reading long posts on my laptop’s screen and frankly, my eyes can’t stand the over exposure. But I love Amanda’s fun and engaging style of writing that I actually read through until the end! Please do check her blog out if you haven’t followed her yet. She’s one of my faves!
I am also happy to nominate 15 of my favorite blogs for this award. I hope this brings a smile to your faces. If not, then I understand and apologize for dragging you into this. Haha! (If your blog was not included in this list, please don’t be offended because it doesn’t mean that I don’t love it. I followed you, didn’t I? 🙂 )
My nominees are (in no particular order):
- My Wall
- Peace, love and patchouli
- An Octopus Drinks Tea
- Wide Awake and Dreaming
- Artfully Aspiring
- Incessantly Inspired
- Inky Waves
- Never Mind Arthur
- Anyhow Only
- Daily Dose of Carolyn
- Ink for Lit
- The tales of the Guinea Pigs’ Gang
- She Writes
Now if you choose to accept this award, the first thing you need to do is thank the person who gave you the award and leave a link to their blog. Then you have to choose 15 nominees, answer 7 interesting/random facts about yourself and pass the award on. It may sound overwhelming at first but once you find the time and start with this, it’s quite fun!
In accordance with the guidelines, I now have to share with you 7 randoms facts about me. (Ugh. Another me-post again. Sorry!) I don’t know if these facts are actually interesting but what the heck.
- Countless Myer-Briggs personality tests have classified me as INFJ (Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling, Judging). This type is believed to be very rare and has an unusual set of traits. Basically, “INFJs are masters of written communication, with a distinctively smooth and warm language. Their easy and pleasant communication can often mislead bystanders, who might think that the INFJ is actually a very sociable person.” Apt description if I say so myself. Do not be misled, I am an introvert but I’m able to understand people.
- I have small, asymmetrical feet. This means one of my feet is slightly bigger than the other. It’s hard for me to find the right shoes.
- I am a licensed veterinarian but I don’t work in animal clinics/hospitals or farms. I work in the government. We train and empower Filipino farmers. (Bonus fact: My working in the government is partly because of Leslie Knope.)
- I didn’t plan on being a veterinarian. My dream job was to become an archaeologist, a writer, or one of those CSI people. (Haha. I know right?)
- I once volunteered for the Red Cross for a couple of days after super typhoon Yolanda hit our province. I helped with the blood bank and relief operations. But I haven’t been back there since. As mentioned before, I have commitment issues.
- People often mistake me for a high-schooler or a teenager because I am small and my face isn’t “mature-looking” or whatever that means. But I’m not complaining as I think this will prove valuable in the future.
- My birthday is coming up! It’s this April. I can’t believe I’m turning 23 already. Oh well. I’ll just see where life takes me again after that.
Well that’s it. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. 🙂